Enacted on 2002 09 28 Revised at second general meeting. 2003 06 27.
Amendments: Article 4 - third clause; Article 12 - first clause; Article 13
Revised at third general meeting, 2004 11 11. Amendments: Article 7; Article
16; Article 13, incorporated into Article 10
Revised at extraordinary general meeting, 2007 06 30. Amendments: Article
1; Article 2; Article 6; Article 16, incorporated into Article 17, including
the operating committee of the Ilgok-Yuinho Scholarship award).
Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1: Name
The name of this meeting is Marx Communale (‘this meeting’).
Article 2: Purpose
The purpose of this meeting is to hold the Marx Communale Symposium
(‘the symposium’) and promote related events and other business.
Article 3: Business
The purpose of this meeting is to perform the following business:
(1) hold the Marx Communale Symposium
(2) promote related events and other business to satisfy (1)
Article 4: Seat
The office of this meeting is in Seoul.
Chapter 2 Membership
Article 5: Composition
The membership of this meeting is scholars, activists, artists and other
individuals and groups.
Article 6: Rights and Duties
(1) Every member can publish his or her works and participate in deciding
this meeting’s themes and orientation.
(2) Every member has the authority and responsibility to move and promote
the meeting’s events and businesses.
(3) Every member has the duty to pay annual dues and special dues during
the symposium year.
Chapter 3 Organization and Meeting
Article 7: Organization and Position
This meeting has the following organizations and positions:
(1) general meeting
(4) executive committee
(5) president of executive committee
(6) member of executive committee
(7) general affairs team
(8) cultural planning team
(9) operating committee of the Ilgok-Yuinho scholarship award
Article 8: General Meeting
(1) The general meeting enacts and revises the constitution and decides the
budget and membership dues.
(2) The general meeting is held by participants and decided by a majority of
(3) The general meeting is held regularly once a year, and an extraordinary
general meeting can be held if necessary.
Article 9: Representatives
(1) Representatives are elected by the general meeting and one of them is
elected as a standing representative.
(2) Representatives represent this meeting externally. Internally, they chair
the general meeting and handle all affairs of this meeting.
(3) The term of representatives is two years.
Article 10: Auditor
(1) Two auditors are appointed by general meeting.
(2) Auditors audit financial operations.
Article 11: Executive Committee
(1) The executive committee supervises all events and business of this
(2) The executive committee is comprised of representatives, the general
affairs team and the cultural planning team.
(3) The executive committee determines the internal operating rules.
Article 12: Executive Committee Members
(1) Members of the executive committee are recommended by
representatives and elected by general meeting.
(2) Members of the executive committee should actively participate in the
committee and planning and preparing events.
Article 13: President of Executive Committee
(1) The executive committee has one president.
(2) The president of the executive committee is elected by members of
(3) The president of the executive committee has the authority to appoint the
general affairs team.
(4) The president of the executive committee presides over the executive
committee and arranges all events and business of this meeting.
(5) The term of the president of the executive committee is two years.
Article 14: General Affairs Team
(1) The executive committee has a general affairs team.
(2) The general affairs team handles all affairs related to events and
business of this meeting.
Article 15: Cultural Planning Team
(1) The executive committee has a cultural planning team.
(2) The cultural planning team handles all affairs related to cultural events
and business of this meeting.
Article 16: Operating Committee of Ilgok-Yuinho Scholarship Award
(1) The executive committee has an operating committee of the Ilgok-Yuinho
(2) The operating committee of the Ilgok-Yuinho scholarship award handles
all affairs related to the award.
(3) Memory-Yuinho participates in the operating committee of the Ilgok-
Yuinho scholarship award.
Article 17: Supporters Association
(1) Everyone who agrees with the purpose of this meeting and supports the
symposium can be a member of the supporters association.
(2) Members of the supporters association should donate the designated
Chapter 4 Decisions
Article 18: Regular Decisions
The meeting is called by participants and decided by a majority vote of
Article 19: Special Decisions
Constitutional revisions and/or disbanding the meeting is decided by a two-
thirds vote of participants.
Chapter 5 Finance
Article 20: Finance
The finance of this meeting and the symposium is covered by the dues of
members, supporters’ donations, proceeds of event material sales and other
Article 1: Customary Practice
Issues not covered by this constitution conform to customary practice.
Article 2: Effective Date
This constitution is valid from the enactment day.